LAS VEGAS, NEVADA – The fact that you need an excellent orthodontist to get the best results is obvious. Knowing what to consider when selecting the right one is not. Las Vegas Invisalign provider Dr. David Alpan says research is the answer. Using his pointers to compare and contrast orthodontists provides you with the knowledge to make an informed decision with confidence.
- How much experience do they have?The number one thing to consider when picking an orthodontist is how much experience they have. All orthodontists have years of education, but the orthodontists with years of experience have the hands-on practice and exposure to thousands of different orthodontic cases, says Dr. Alpan, a Las Vegas orthodontist who has been practicing since 1998.
- Are they affiliated with well-respected dental organizations?The type and number of professional organizations orthodontists are members of is one indication that they are serious about keeping up to date about all the latest research, techniques and industry standards.
Las Vegas, NV invisible braces expert Dr. Alpan is a member of 15 professional organizations, including the American Association of Orthodontists, American Dental Association, Pacific Coast Society of Orthodontics and International College of Cranio-Mandibular Orthopedics.
The website for the American Association of Orthodontists states that selecting an orthodontist who is a member of the American Association of Orthodontists is your assurance that you have chosen an orthodontic specialist with at least two years of post-doctoral, specialty training accredited by the American Dental Association.
- Do they accept your dental insurance and offer financing options for patients without insurance coverage?Our practice offers payment options based on what works for the patient. The office staff calls insurance companies on behalf of our patients to find out if their insurance company covers orthodontic, MSD, TMD or TMJ treatment and how much they will pay. When needed, the treatment coordinator helps set up a payment schedule specific to the patient’s situation.
- Who does your dentist, family and friends recommend?Ask around to find out who comes highly recommended. More than 1,000 general dentists display their confidence in our practice by referring their patients for orthodontic and TMJ treatment, and much of Dr. Alpan’s clientele is from word-of-mouth referrals.
- Do you feel comfortable and like you are treated with respect and courtesy by the staff and the orthodontist?You will interact with the staff at an orthodontic practice frequently and for an extended period of time. You deserve to feel comfortable and respected by staff. After all, you are entrusting them with your health.
“Our team has many years of experience in providing orthodontic care, and it’s our experience that helps make your experience pleasant and comfortable,” says Dr. Alpan, who owns a Las Vegas, NV orthodontics practice.
- Do they have a professional, open and informative website?You would expect to find a website when researching just about anything—a new restaurant, department stores, groomers or cell phone providers—so why expect anything less from your orthodontist? A current website full of relevant information about treatment options, the orthodontist and staff, financing options and examples of their finished results can be helpful in determining which orthodontist to choose to oversee your treatment.
- Do they enjoy what they do?You might not think it matters, but orthodontists should be passionate about what they do, otherwise the orthodontic treatment lacks, according to Dr. Alpan, a Las Vegas, NV braces provider. “The team and I strive to make every patient feel like he or she is a member of our family. We are happy about the joy and happiness we bring into our patients’ lives through bigger, brighter smiles,” says Dr. Alpan.