We are so proud to offer our patients the most advanced alternative to dental impressions. A digital impression-less system is one of the most recent innovations in our profession. Digital scanners have been used in Dentistry since 1998, but only in the last 3 years have digital impressions or 3D digital scans been available for Orthodontists. The initial scanners were used for individual teeth, or a set of 3 or 4 teeth. The introduction into orthodontics required a full arch scan with a bite relationship. The power of digital scans allows for any appliance to be fabricated from this digital image. The image does not change or distort over time and can be kept as a record for the future. We do not charge extra for this technology. We see it as a benefit to all our patients and a big step in the direction of digital orthodontics.
Alpan Orthodontics is now offering 3D digital impressions via the Invisalign iTero Element scanner. The scanner takes a digital 3D image of your upper and lower teeth for accurate and effective manufacturing of your Invisalign aligners. Align technology the creators of Invisalign introduced the iTero 3D digital scanner to the Orthodontic profession in 2011. Anyone can view the iTero 3D image on the display in real-time as the impressions are being captured. This allows for real time evaluation of the image being created. We use these images for more precise treatment planning and for more accurately fitting aligners.
The 3D digital image eliminates the shipping process of your impressions to the lab. The 3D digital image is electronically sent to the lab and is available in the Invisalign Clincheck system the very next day for approval, eliminating weeks of wait time. The accuracy and detail of the iTero scan eliminates the need for messy impression material, retakes and the uncomfortable experience. We welcome all our patients to come in and experience the latest and greatest in digital orthodontics.
Benefits of Teeth Scanning
- Eliminates impressions, the most un-liked procedure in orthodontic care.
- Superior Accuracy with no distortion from patient movement during set, removal of impressions, disinfection, and temperature changes.
- Real time Visualization allows for immediate adjustment to create the ideal orthodontic scan the first time.
- Increased Patient Comfort by eliminating the goop and gagging with traditional impressions.
- Faster turnaround time for Invisalign aligners
- More accurate impressions, leads to a better fitting Aligner which is more comfortable for our patients.