As a parent, what brightens your day better than your child’s smile? Unfortunately, many children suffer from dental misalignment, including crooked teeth, gaps between teeth, overbites, and underbites. In order to improve the health and beauty of your little one’s smile, Aesthetic Orthodontics recommends braces. In today’s blog, your Los Angeles orthodontist, Dr. David Alpan, provides a fun and informative quiz to discuss the importance of childhood orthodontics.
Children and Braces Quiz
1. True or False: Children should visit an orthodontist for the first time no later than age seven.
2. True or False: Children should receive orthodontic care while they are still growing.
3. True or False: Average treatment time for braces is between 12 and 18 months.
4. True or False: Kids should avoid certain foods when wearing braces.
Children and Braces Quiz Answer Key
1. True. Both the American Dental Association and the American Association of Orthodontists recommend children see an orthodontist by age seven. During this time, Dr. Alpan can examine your child’s mouth and assess the state of their dental health. Your Los Angeles orthodontist will watch for warning signs of serious dental issues. If he discovers something, he will recommend appropriate treatment.
2. True. While children’s faces and oral cavities are developing, correcting bite and misalignment issues is substantially easier. Once they’ve grown, orthodontic treatment could be more extensive and may require longer treatment time.
3. True. In most cases, your child may need to wear braces between 12 and 18 months. After their braces have been removed, children may still need to wear a retainer.
4. True. After receiving braces, children should avoid hard or sticky foods, such as ice or caramel. These items may damage their braces or become stuck in their orthodontics.
Schedule an Appointment with your Los Angeles Orthodontist
Are you interested in improving your child’s smile with our children’s braces? Then make an appointment today. Call your Las Vegas orthodontist, Dr. David Alpan today at (310) 888-0066 for a free initial consultation. Our 90211 dental office provides the latest in orthodontic care for the residents of Beverly Hills and surrounding communities. We also have offices located in Los Angeles and Las Vegas.